Dec 01, 2016
Announcement - GF PCT Financial Manager
- POSITION TITLE: FINANCIAL MANAGER TERM: Full-time. DURATION: Long-term, subject to available funding from the Global Fund. Position is subject to probationary period of 3 months.
Ministry of Health The Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria Program Coordination Team
POSITION TITLE: FINANCIAL MANAGER
DURATION: Long-term, subject to available funding from the Global Fund.
Position is subject to probationary period of 3 months.
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
OPENING DATE: Nov 26, 2016
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Dec5, 2016
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested applicants should submit their CVs to: Please indicate in the subject line of your e-mail the title of the position that you apply for. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interviews.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Global Fund Program Coordination Team (PCT) of the Ministry of Health is looking for a qualified Financial Manager who will be responsible for ensuring implementation of all financial activities in accordance to the Global Fund requirements and RA Ministry of Health policies and regulations.
REPORTS TO: Program Coordination Team Manager, as well as the Deputy ministers and Head of Staff of the Ministry of Health as required.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and reporting.
- Manage the timely development and revision of the grant programs’ detailed work plans and budgets
- Provide supportive supervision to PCT staff and representatives of Sub-recipients in developing work-plans, timetables and corresponding cash-flow plans of all program activities;
- Manage the development of monthly and quarterly financial and accounting reports;
- Prepare documentation to transfer program funds and incurred expenditures and follow up to ensure completion with relevant counterparts;
- Ensure verification of Sub-recipient financial reports on quarterly basis;
- Oversee consolidation of Sub-recipient reports into single grant report for the Global Fund Local Fund Agent;
- Monitor funds absorption rate through analysis of quarterly financial reporting;
- Prepare regular financial status reports for internal/external distribution (Ministry of Finance, MoH, CCM, GFATM and other entities);
- Actively participate in development of grant application packages on the part of costing and budgeting of program activities;
- Coordinate agreement modifications with PCT Manager;
- Keep financial control to ensure that expenditures are made in conformity with budget phasing and other contract requirements;
- Provide recommendations and performance measures to strategically enhance financial performance;
- Be responsible for implementation of annual audits;
- Ensure back-up of all financial and accounting documents related to the program implementation;
- Replace PCT manager at the time of his/her absence;
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the PCT Manager.
- University degree in finance, accounting and audit or business administration
- Any level of ACCA qualification is a plus;
- At least 5 years of managerial positions;
- Excellent skills in financial planning and analysis;
- Good knowledge of Armenian and international accounting standards;
- Good knowledge of State procurement requirements and procedures;
- Professional communications skills to communicate with all executive levels involving a number of organizations and high level officials
- Excellent networking and negotiation skills to develop good working relationships within the Ministry of Health and different players;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Armenian;
- Good knowledge of English and Russian languages
- Demonstrable ability to think strategically, organize, plan and prioritize work to achieve results;
- Proficiency in MS Office, excellent skills in Excel;
- Flexibility, ability to work independently and under pressure;
- Analytic thinking and skills, commitment to work and a sense of responsibility.