CCM TB Working Group Meeting, August 2, 2014
Protocol N 4 Of the CCM TB working group, technical partners and people affected by the disease
- Zara Khudoyan ARCS
- Gagik Taturyan, NTPCO
- Marjik Hovhannisyan, NTPCO
- Lusine Kocharyan, ARCS
- Lilit Khachatryan, MOH GF PCT
- Lusine Paronyan, MOH CDC
- Kristine Khachatryan, MOH GF PCT
- Vardan Grigoryan, CCM secretary
- Gayane Ghukasyan WHO, Armenia office
- Anahit Harutyunyan, Positive People Armenian Network NGO
- Arshak Papoyan, NCAP
- Byron Crape, AUA
- Vahe Khachaduryan, NTPCO
- Armen Hayrapetyan, NTPCO
- Karapet Davtyan, NTPCO
- Annabelle Djeribi, MSF France
- Ashot Stepanyan, MSF France
- Hasmik Harutyunyan, MOH GF PCT
1. Hasmik Harutyunyan welcomed the participants, thanked for the attendance and stated that just after WHO mission, since July 25 GF PC team has been working hard and during 6 days it managed to have meetings and discussions with interested parties such as MSF, USAID, ARCS to define their participation in program and to consider it in the new CN development.
2. Lilit Khachatryan presented the activities and budget for 2015-17 years planned in the frames of new TB Concept Note. Then once again she asked participants to review all expenses and activities foreseen and to make remarks if any.
3. Annabelle Djeribi asked if any calculations were performed for number and distributions of Genexperts required.
4. Hasmik Harutyunyan answered that it was planned to acquire 19 items based on the calculations of the population to be served by med center. In fact these devices are distributed in those centers which are providing the health services to a larger population. Although nominal numbers of TB patients in that regions is not much, but number of population receiving health service is assuming the possibility of undiagnosed cases. She also mentioned that a procurement volume of supplies (cartridges) does not depend on the centralized or decentralized location of those devices, because the number of investigations for the whole country is the same. She promised to send the list of those institutions where employment of those devices is planned. That list will contain also the numbers of population to be served. Hasmik Harutyunyan emphasized that these are questions to be discussed and other considerations will be taken into account and probably in final version of the CN number of the items to be procured may be changed.
5. Annabelle Djeribi’s second question was about prison sector. She asked if GF is going to fund activities planned in that field.
6. Hasmik Harutyunyan answered that it is already planned even with current program, because Red Cross organization has savings and number of patient is not much, so after some calculations this year prison sector will be included in current program. We need to define what must be provided, as the stuff of prisons are not content with the packages given by MSF and they want to define through negotiations and agreement about the things required to be given as social support.
7. Lilit Khachatryan added that prison sector is included in all programs of the new TB grant presented as well.
8. Annabelle Djeribi asked if procurement of equipment for prison sector is planned.
9. Hasmik Harutyunyan answered that one mobile X-ray device is present there and this year through the resources of current grant one more digital X-ray system was given to them.
10. Lusine Kocharyan asked if there were calculations made on how many of the 1630 patients foreseen annually will receive treatment monthly.
11. Lilit Khachatryan answered that calculations of the numbers of diagnosis and treatment are based on the almost 90% of enrollment of the patients, i.e. we assume that almost all patients diagnosed will be involved in treatment.
12. Gayane Ghukasyan asked if HSS program is included in CN as a separate block.
13. Lilit Khachatryan answered that HSS block is incorporated in the 5th goal of the CN and consists of consultations, investigations and trainings.
14. Gayane Ghukasyan asked if when CN is expected to be sent to WHO office for ultimate endorsement.
15. Lilit Khachatryan clarified that CCM meeting is planned to be held on 6th of August, 2014 and the submission of CN must be done on August 15th hence it will be sent for opinion in the period between 6th and 15th of August.
16. Gayane Ghukasyan expressed her concern that the majority of the stuff in WHO office will be on vacation for that period. She also informed, that will ask her colleagues to replace her for that while.
17. The participants agreed on the need and expressed willingness to actively engage in the finalization of CN development process and share ideas through e-mails to the CCM secretariat.